Thursday, April 6, 2017

Pray Without Ceasing

Etty Hillesum
“Sometimes when I stand in some corner of the camp, my feet planted on your earth, my eyes raised toward your heaven, tears run down my face, tears of deep emotion and gratitude. At night, too, when I lie on my bed and rest in you, O God, tears of gratitude run down my face, and that is my prayer…. 
“My life is one great dialogue with you.”

An Interrupted Life

(Etty Hillesum’s words take on even more depth with the understanding that she was a Jewish woman who lived under the Nazi regime and died in 1943 in the concentration camp at Auschwitz, the 'camp' she mentions in the quote. There is no place where gratitude is not the right response.)

1 comment:

  1. I love this. It is when we are stripped of all and hopelessness surrounds us, that God alone is present and love abounds. Maybe that's why the poor are blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.