Sunday, July 19, 2020

This, Too, Shall Pass

Sister Mary of the Cross

All things pass and pass quickly. 
Do not fret so much about things that will end one day. 
Aim at what will never end. 

An Unpublished Manuscript on Purgatory

[This week the maintenance man at our apartment complex, a wonderful young Christian man named Matthew, came to my apartment to do some work. We talked awhile. He shared with me something his Minister had said last Sunday.  The Preacher said,
"This coronavirus is scary, very scary. But you know what is more scary? To hear Jesus say, 'Depart from me, I never knew you'." 
Though I do not share Matthew's Evangelical views, what his Minister said went straight to my own heart. I took it to mean: Keep hold of what is of highest importance in these difficult days. This will pass, all plagues have passed and all plagues and wars in the future will also have their time, and pass away. Stay present with God in this moment and you will be shown the way through.]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.