Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The 'No-Selfer' Test

Bernadette often heard from and met people who wanted to tell her (and have her confirm) that they no longer had a self. I also heard from people for this same reason. I spoke to Bernadette about it and she told me that those who say they have no-self and yet refer to a ‘within,’ then she knows immediately that they still have a self. 
This is the test, and I pass it on as a piece of ‘esoteric knowledge’. If proclaimed 'no-selfers' continue to talk of energy, feelings or emotions, a center, wholeness, being, and so forth, all this is indicative that a self remains. The final end of self is simultaneously the end of the experiencer and experience. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Patricia...i have no words to try to tell you how Synchronistic your posts are for/with my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO APPRECIATE!!!!!!!! Dorothea (Oceanspeak) & munipaused@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.