Thursday, March 22, 2018

God's Plan

Bernadette Roberts

"I was standing in the middle of the bedroom – not thinking or doing anything as I recall – when as clear and forceful as if God were standing in front of me, I received a certain knowledge. This knowledge came from outside myself, seemingly from an indistinct light in front of me. It was not given with words or piece by piece, but instantly, all at once. It was almost like a blow to the head, because for a minute, at least, it felt as if my brain had frozen or become immovable.  Since it was not conveyed with words – audible, interior or mental – nor imparted as an idea or concept, to convey this wordless knowledge it must be translated into words that can never do it justice.  Although I would not call this an "experience," it was, nevertheless, mind-blowing.   As best I can communicate this knowledge, its essence was this:
"From the beginning God had a specific Plan for my life; an unalterable Plan that would be accomplished regardless of me, my desires, my plans, or anything going on in my life. I would not die until this Plan had been completed, and some day this Plan would even be known to others. God had a specific work to do in me and was going to do it come hell or high-water (if I may use the expression).  This grand Plan was to accomplish something very specific, something God wanted to do or bring about. All my unusual experiences to this point had been part of this Plan, God's own doing. So too, from here on all such experiences – for the rest of my life in fact – would be God's doing and part of His grand Plan."

Contemplative, Chapter: Ages 5 & 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.