Monday, March 9, 2020

We Are Born for These Times

Clarissa Pinkola Estés

There will always be times in the midst of “success right around the corner, but as yet still unseen” when you feel discouraged. I too have felt despair many times in my life, but I do not keep a chair for it; I will not entertain it. It is not allowed to eat from my plate.

The reason is this: In my uttermost bones I know something, as do you. It is that there can be no despair when you remember why you came to Earth, who you serve, and who sent you here. The good words we say and the good deeds we do are not ours: They are the words and deeds of the One who brought us here.

In that spirit, I hope you will write this on your wall: When a great ship is in harbor and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But … that is not what great ships are built for.

…This comes with much love and prayer that you remember Who you came from, and why you came to this beautiful, needful Earth.


[I am not sure of the source for this quote. It was forwarded to me by someone who received it through another daily quote site. I do know that Ms. Estés is a contemporary author and one of her books is Women Who Run with the Wolves.]

3 comments:

  1. Looks like it is written by Estés; it's from the last chapter of this book: https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Present-Danger-Narcissism-President/dp/1630514144 ... You can read the chapter here: https://books.google.com/books?id=X4BCDgAAQBAJ&lpg=PT320&ots=AjsHkifOmI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Be - I just ordered the book. Less than $5 on ebay so that fits in my budget! Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Mary Be. I do appreciate the reference and will follow the links you sent.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.