Saturday, February 25, 2023

My Ways are Open to You

 

Scripture

O Lord, You search me and You know me.
You know my resting and my rising,
You discern my purpose from afar,
You mark when I walk or lie down,
     all my ways are open to You.

O search me God, know my heart.
O test me and know my thoughts.
See that I follow not the wrong path
     and lead me in the path of life eternal.

Psalm 139

[These words of scripture may be so familiar we hardly give them a thought. But recently when I read this Psalm, I suddenly remembered the reminder (I think it was from St. Augustine) that God is "closer to us than our own breath", and, with the next breath, I felt a relaxation from deep within.  An old friend of mine used to say that at a certain point in our spiritual lives, we must stop 'seeking' God and start 'surrendering' to It.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.