Monday, November 21, 2016

The Point from Which One Radiates

Alan Watts

"A superior religion goes beyond theology. It turns toward the center; it investigates and feels out the inmost depths of man himself, since it is here that we are in most intimate contact, or rather, in identity with existence itself. Dependence on theological ideas and symbols is replaced by direct, non-conceptual touch, with a level of being which is simultaneously one’s own and the being of all others.

"For at the point where I am most myself I am most beyond myself. At root I am one with all the other branches. Yet this level of being is not something to be grasped and categorized, to be inspected, analyzed or made an object of knowledge – not because it is taboo or sacrosanct, but because it is the point from which one radiates, the light, not before but within the eyes."

The Gospel According to Zen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.