Thursday, February 6, 2020

The Real Sign

Father Gerald Vann

Good people worry because they say, ‘I never become any better; I go on week after week and year after year committing the same errors, being equally unsuccessful in my attempts at prayer, never apparently becoming any less selfish, never apparently drawing any nearer to God…’. 

Are they so sure? What they ought to ask themselves is, ‘Do I equally go on week after week and year after year doing the same hard things for God, keeping in this way the many other commandments that are often hard for me, going doggedly on trying to pray, going doggedly on trying to help other people?’ And if the answer is yes (as it is), then they should know that whatever the surface appearances and disappointments may be, love is growing within them.

At the Foot of the Cross 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.